Community forums

Language specific forums

# 1
01 Oct 2015 18:09
As we have started to see more and more non-English languages on the forums, mainly German, language specific forums have struck my mind.

If we were to add language specific forums for say German and Polish, the main forums would be forced to English only.

This would be possible because we would be able to offer support in those two languages.

What do you think of this idea? Tell us your opinion.

If enough players are in favour of this I can add said forums with the upcoming layout update.
# 2
01 Oct 2015 18:15
isn't it possible for the user to change languages? i mean with their own computer. i know mine has an option so that it converts any typed language into my preferred language :whistle: (as long as spelling, accents are correct). Either that or you could embed a translation tool so that it types into many languages. I used to do classes for website development so i know it is not very fun with coding :silly: . But it is an option.
# 3
01 Oct 2015 18:32
I meant that I would add forum categories where you can type in either German or Polish. Those two languages would only be allowed in respective category, while in the rest of the forums you would only be allowed to type in English.

I don't want to add any type of translation tools as they arent actually trustworthy.
# 4
01 Oct 2015 18:48
hi my opinion is that apps and first time impression should be mainly English
but i do not think it should be so u cant type any other language remember u can always use google translate if u cant understand it if its german Danish polish or whatever

cya from lodbrog
# 5
01 Oct 2015 19:01
Google Translator isn't always usefull. :whistle:
# 6
01 Oct 2015 19:44
If i do have something to say (i actually do)...

There are people from different countries in here, so we wont be able to understand when we speak our own lanuages.

2/3 guys wanna chat in their language? Go on, but please, in PM or eventually in CHAT... or in "off topic" section.
In the forums please keep it understandable for evryone.
To be clear: i see nothing bad in putting into a post 1 short sentence in your languae, specially if that happens rare.
But imo it sucks, when a few people keep spamming in their language much into the topic, and its not refferred to the topic... or maybe it is? We wont know if we cant understand it...

What ive said goes of course for any specific forum section, except "off topic"...

I think it would be best that evryone knows, that if they write in here (public forums, specific sections) instead of some PM or skype or anything like that, than the others wanna understand them too...
But if that is impossible - than my vote for "specific languages forums, and the rest FORCED to english only" is +1.
But only if the 1st option is impossible.
# 7
01 Oct 2015 20:11

isn't it possible for the user to change languages? i mean with their own computer. i know mine has an option so that it converts any typed language into my preferred language :whistle: (as long as spelling, accents are correct). Either that or you could embed a translation tool so that it types into many languages. I used to do classes for website development so i know it is not very fun with coding :silly: . But it is an option.

I agree with my colleague mentioned.
I think we all have that option to convert any written language into our language.
I hardly speak English, now to comment on German and Polish.
I think it would be a good idea obviously!
# 8
01 Oct 2015 20:32

Google Translator isn't always usefull. :whistle:

no thats right but it can help allot, and if its mainly is English it gonna be on the wep then its only a little u need to use google translate too translate, and mostly its understanderble if u use google translate and then u can use ur imagination to the rest :P
# 9
02 Oct 2015 07:28

2/3 guys wanna chat in their language? Go on, but please, in PM or eventually in CHAT... or in "off topic" section.

Truth has been spoken. +99
02 Oct 2015 07:43

Truth has been spoken. +99

I agree, we have many people from all over the world that speak many different languages German, Polish, Spanish and more but the language that most of our community speak is English, I think that if people are going to speak in different languages in our main forums then they should put an english translation underneath it (if they can't speak english then they can quickly copy paste google translate) this way everyone is happy

ALSO

I've been speaking to Mazfer about getting our site multi language however we need people to translate for specific languages so we need 1 person to translate the site into German, 1 person to do polish and so on, now our clan is full of members from accross the world so it shouldn't be too hard now I'll be looking at how big of a job it will be to translate it all and I'm more than happy to pay for these services if it proves a little time consuming.

:P