Community forums

[WITHDRAWN] Application Rainbow6

25 Aug 2015 01:17
hi there :D here is a demo of rain that he wanted me to post :P

cya all from lodbrog
Please login or create an account to view attachments.
25 Aug 2015 06:34 | Last edit: 25 Aug 2015 08:49
Hmm.
25 Aug 2015 08:48

Ok thanks! I'll do the demo thing with F12 and then post it on here in a couple of months when I get better. Lodbrog spectated me and seemed to think that I needed more time. I'll be back in another couple of months. Until then, I'll be sure to stay active on the servers and forums here! Thanks guys!

Just a kind reminder for our members:
You aren't supposed to vote now but in a few months.
25 Aug 2015 15:30 | Last edit: 25 Aug 2015 15:31
In connection with this:
1) Do we select on skill & kill/death ratio now? It's _not_ mentioned on the application page, where we seem to focus on member activity on server and forum. And I agree with these criteria.
The whole discussion about screenshots and demos only came up because Rain initially reversed his k/d ratio.
2) His recorded k/d ratio of 0.35 seems rather below the play level I see here. Not that it is the reverse value of 3.00 or even 1.32 :P But this value seems strangely off the scale. Did Rain experiment with suicide when he first came to this server ?
3) Rain's first target is to get a better aim. Develop a steady wrist my friend and kill them all , me included :).
25 Aug 2015 17:28
Rainbow6,
Core gave good advice, get the aim down. I am betting being 18 you most likely played many games, you will improve quickly. I started playing at 65 years old which is a handicap because by that age your mind is already wired with a bunch of old shit and it is hard to adapt. Core is 65, I believe and he is pretty darn good. I suggest learn to move while you shoot.
You already have a lot going for you, friendly and have sense of humor.
25 Aug 2015 19:26 | Last edit: 25 Aug 2015 19:27

1) Do we select on skill & kill/death ratio now? It's _not_ mentioned on the application page, where we seem to focus on member activity on server and forum. And I agree with these criteria.
The whole discussion about screenshots and demos only came up because Rain initially reversed his k/d ratio.

The application page doesnt tell anything about what we focus on. It tells only MINIMAL requirements to be able to apply at all.

We focus on developing, getting better. That means accepting only people who really do have some experience and a little skill in UT. We dont expect pros to be clear - cause almost none of us ourselves is one...
Well "we"... I mean Myself + a few other people.

You have your own vote, so use it as you want, but in my opinion it would be nice if you (all of you not just Core) would 1st try to watch the players game, skills, behaviour, and than vote. Not like "ohh i saw him once in server and he tolld funny joke so i will right now vote +1, although there is still so much time to vote", or anything like that.
But its just my opinion...

As for now as far as i see Rainbow took his application back, so this one topic is ended.

Rainbow, play a lot (but not too much), train a lot. Once you feel you became much better and want to come apply again - go on.