Community forums

The 404 has been Found

# 1
13 Oct 2018 18:26 | Last edit: 13 Oct 2018 20:02
Hello all!
I figured I've played long enough to do an introduce post...
My name in game is 404NotFound, I'm 17, and currently a high school student in the U.S. I enjoy UrT a lot. When I'm not playing, I enjoy reading (I am an insatiable reader) and writing. I am trying to make some music with LMMS during my free time, but it's not the best so far :P. I also enjoy listening to music...anything of a power/prog/symphonic metal variety is my favorite.
Of all the Urban Terror I play, about 99% of it is on DN Eagle. I used to play on other servers more often, but since I found Eagle, it has slowly grown on me. I love the Eagle map, the players are good, the server is well-moderated. Especially the well-moderated part...I used to be on a non-moderated server, and this one player always killed me. It was uncanny how much he killed me. So I was playing on DN one day, and this same player tries to connect, and he's kicked for a permban for hacking! And I'm thinking, "Oh. No wonder he always killed me." I really like how DN does a great job of leveling the playing field, and making it fair for all players.
It is more fun playing on DN than any other server I know. Especially when Livius or vrederust are around...boy, the game gets real interesting.
My favorite times on the server are when multiple players from one team attempt to hold a position deep in enemy territory (Smurfs holding Banquet Hall, or Reddies holding East Village Hotel). Unfortunately, it is quite hard to get any number of players together for the common purpose of holding a position, so these moments are quite rare. However, it is tremendous fun when they do come along. Another thing I enjoy is when there is an all-out battle at a certain point on the map. Just earlier, a massive firefight started at the junction between Betok's and West Village. Blue was pouring their effort in, and we reds were pushing back just as hard. These moments are always a tremendous amount of fun.
Anyway, this is the end of my introduce. If you made it here, congrats. (Did I mention I like to write? ;)) If any of you have any things you like about me or my play, or anything I could work on, please...fire away. I'm always looking for ways to get better.

Sincerely,
404NotFound
# 2
14 Oct 2018 18:17
Glad to have you on the server 404NotFound. I enjoy playing with you.
# 3
14 Oct 2018 21:01 | Last edit: 14 Oct 2018 21:02
Thank you for your introduction. We are happy to have you here!
As you like to write, I hope that some time in future you will write an After Action Report (AAR) on one of your Eagle actions. We know about people using Youtube and streaming to tell others about UrT, but a written story would be a first (as far as I know).

cu in game!
# 4
29 Oct 2018 20:22
Thank you, Gramps!

And Core, I will surely do a write-up after a game in Eagle. I have one right now that should work for a quick story. I'll post it up on Discord when I get it written.

Cu guys in game!