Community forums

Hello from Hone_Heke[UK]

# 1
01 Nov 2015 15:15 | Last edit: 01 Nov 2015 15:19
Hello,
I've been haunting your server for about 6 months or thereabouts (and posting abuse and getting temp bans) so I thought I should register and introduce myself.
I live in the north of England near Liverpool and do freelance IT work that is I advertise in local papers and on message boards in shops etc and go to peoples houses to fix their PC's or collect it,fix it and return it. It's usually malware or they've got their ancient laptops stuffed up with so many start-up programs the bloody thing grinds to a halt. It's OK to meet interesting people(I got to play a didgeridoo for first time recently) but it has it's down side like the other week when I had to spend 2 hours in a flat that smelt like there was a rotting corpse under the floorboards.
I have been playing UrT for about 6-8 months and I think it is the best FPS experience there is, I also play CSS. I don't yet have 1/1 kill ratio which most clans require but I think I'm improving steadily which surprised me because I thought such skills would quickly plateau but that doesn't seem to be the case. I also play single player games my favourite being the Fallout games and I enjoyed playing Far Cry 3/4 which where fantastic shooters also the original Pain Killer.
Unfortunately my good gaming rig threw a rod not long ago(due to overclocking and being a 6 core AMD) so I won't be able to play the new Fallout title until I've fixed it as money is tight.
I apologize for some of my behaviour on the server but with fairness it hasn't all been one way. My s/k days are over and I will try to be more civilized during play!
When I started playing on your server Lightblack seemed to be the person to beat then a Japanese player named X-flat had a brief glorious career then vanished suddenly as did a superb player from Bangladesh called pray and spray(I hope there's a mundane reason not death or imprisonment!)
There are some bell-ends play on the server which I don't need to name but also some cool players like Elena, Rare Death, Lodbrog and Jeffrey.
My other hobbies are riding motorbikes and I also do martial arts and I have a purple belt in jiu jitsu.
Anyway enough waffle see you all in-game.
# 2
01 Nov 2015 18:35
hey welcome to the forums ur a friendly player and a good teamm8 ;)
# 3
01 Nov 2015 20:15 | Last edit: 01 Nov 2015 20:20
Cheers Jeffrey sorry if I keep spelling your name wrong in England the usual spelling is Geoffrey or Geoffory (I have an uncle called it).
By way for those who don't know the original Hone Heke was a polynesian Maori tribal leader from New Zealand(Aotearoa as they called it) who fought the British Empire with the use of sap wood fortifications known as pa's. The defenders could then pour sniper and artillery fire on to the attackers with virtual impunity. it was a damn good fight well worth reading about. Check out their shark tooth swords, green stone clubs and incredible musketry skill - wicked.
# 4
01 Nov 2015 20:18
hello friend, I've seen you on our server. :silly:
welcome to the forums, and we are in the game. :blink:
Regards. :)
# 5
01 Nov 2015 20:23
Cheers Tupac, Yes I've had a round inthe face from you many a time!
# 6
01 Nov 2015 20:24 | Last edit: 01 Nov 2015 20:26
Double post oops
# 7
01 Nov 2015 20:29 | Last edit: 01 Nov 2015 20:31
hehehe
several times if I was able to eliminate you.
although they are few times you've won me. every time you want me is when just a run of 9 and 10 show a row!
:woohoo:
# 8
01 Nov 2015 20:37
hello hone :)
and welcome to forum :D
and it sounds good with (My s/k days are over and I will try to be more civilized during play!) :P
then i will look forward to cya in the game :P
# 9
01 Nov 2015 21:14
Yeah, I have been a tool on occasion with an ban for s/k and one for being offensive to farrohk and jonny- when I used homophobic language as well which isn't OK. I've also gone at admins on occasion. I'll put a stop to it.
01 Nov 2015 21:19
Hi Hone_Heke !

Good to see you on the forum !