Community forums

Raredeath13 returning/ New computer

# 1
20 Mar 2016 04:01
so i posted this under my application, I'm kinda just gonna copy and paste. ill be back soon, my father is finally well again. my laptop is now shit, Urban terror client launches and crashes not even a second later. i need a new computer, so anyone who builds or know computers can you help me out? this is open to all, DN members; public. This is my idea of a good gaming computer.
So far I'm taking suggestions for the build but heres my idea for it: Intel I5-4690k OC'd@ 4.1GHz CPU, ASUS Z97 gaming MB lga1150 ATX, 32GB of ram, 240gb SSD (samsung Evo), 1TB HDD(Western Digital), ASUS Radeon R9 380 STRIX OC'd to 1.1GHz GPU. Corsair H55 quiet edition liquid CPU cooler, Corsair CS750M PSU.
Everyone throw your opinions in! if your opinion happens to be; get yourself a good potato, and a screen....gtfo :) in kinder words please leave,now.
OH YA BTW THIS IS AN $800ish BUDGET GAMING COMPUTER.
ADMIN PLEASE MOVE IF IN WRONG TOPIC (I AM ASKING FOR "TECHNICAL" SUPPORT)
# 2
20 Mar 2016 05:00
Regarding the game client crash.
Do you get an error message when it crashes, if so post it here.
# 3
20 Mar 2016 05:18
no error when crashing, literally flashes black screen and goes back to desktop. takes maybe 1 second total from clicking client open to getting back to desktop. makes me think game client file is corrupt
# 4
20 Mar 2016 05:32
Weird, could also be the resolution or graphics card settings in the config (although I think it should prompt some error for these). Could be worth checking those out.

seta r_lastValidRenderer (graphics card used)
seta r_customheight (Set a custom height)
seta r_customwidth (set a custom width)

Alternatively:
1. Copy paste your config to another folder and re-run the game without a config file (it will recreate the default one)
2. save your config, in another folder, and reinstall the game so you can play meanwhile you are waiting for a new comp :)
# 5
20 Mar 2016 05:36
just opened original folder it actually took me to the main menu but none of the text is readable, all the colors were messed up, closed out of it. tried to open again same thing black screen flash, go to urbanterror site, download 4.2-23 or w/e opens up, main menu's colors are messed up again, this time when i move my mouse all the colors change, close out, try to open up again. Black screen flash again. Very disappointed that the client seems broken, its been this way about 3 weeks. Tonight was the first time it actually launched which I'm happy I'm making progress but now I'm back to page 1.
# 6
20 Mar 2016 05:50
Sounds like your graphics card could be corrupted or faulty. If you have any other games on your comp, try troubleshooting with those, if they work fine then it's in UrT where the error is.
# 7
20 Mar 2016 05:55
Well I'm on currently took two tries, in fact I'm on talking to an-2 guess game file is faulty, put everything on low quality max fps is 40
# 8
20 Mar 2016 06:09
went to redownload game completely got this will transferring files.
The downloaded file is corrupted. Please check your internet connection and launch again the Updater.
You can ask for help on the official website: www.urbanterror.info
# 9
20 Mar 2016 18:23 | Last edit: 20 Mar 2016 18:23
are you aware that you have to locations urt is using on your harddrive?

the one in applications
and another in yourusername/library/application support/quake3

in the second folder urt saves all your settings (q3config.cfg), demos and alike

make a backup of that folder and delete the orginal or just move it out of the quake3 folder

then start the game, urt will automatically start with default settings

if this does not help, it's likely you got hardware issues